Thursday, March 17, 2011

Get a Little More Out of Your Morning Cup of Joe

We own a fabulous coffee invention known as the Keurig.  Before this brewer I could literally never make a tasty cup of coffee.  Now every cup is just delicious.  And the flavors, oh my!  Plus, the hubby and I can each choose our own favorite drink every morning. 
However, like all things, there is a downside to having this tasty coffee.  The k-cups create so much plastic waste.  Sigh. 

One morning, over a cup of Hazelnut and dreaming of spring, I thought, "These little cups are just the right size for seeds!"
So, here is how I my found a way to scratch my planting itch and get a little more out of my relationship with coffee.

Thanks to the Keurig already punching the wholes in the k-cup, all I had to do was compost the filter and grounds, add a bit of soil and seeds, and voila:

Bachelor Buttons are down front and patio tomatoes are growing in the yogurts cups.  Yum!





Now we just have to wait for that last frost.

No comments:

Post a Comment