Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It Beats the Crepe out of Ribbon

Ellesie was invited to attend a birthday party this last weekend.  We still had some festive wrapping paper left over from last year, but we didn't have any ribbon (and I love a bow on a present).  All I had on hand was some left over crepe paper from Ellesie's birthday and some Christmas bows. 
Then it hit me.  What else says "birthday party" or "lets celebrate" like crepe paper all over a room?  Why not use it to decorate our gifts, too?  It's a perfect accessory; it's cheap (50 cents to a dollar a roll) and comes in a rainbow of colors. 
So, I made a bow for our gift.  I think it turned out great.  Wish I had thought of this years ago, since ribbon can get pricey.  Besides, especially for a kids birthday, I really think the crepe paper is more playful and fun.
Another bonus, crepe paper is compostable!

No comments:

Post a Comment