Saturday, January 29, 2011

Two Birds, One Sweater

This last week I took my first trip to Target since this challenge began.  Oh my, it was a terribly tempting place.  There were sales everywhere!  Sigh, but I made it out with only R's diapers, baby food, and vacuum bags.

Jerremy had a successful shopping trip this last weekend,too.  He bought three pairs of previously owned work pants for only $14.00 at value village.  Nice pants, great prices.

 My project this week was inspired by an idea on "The Nate Show" (I love that show) for reusing an old sweater.  I cut off the sleeves, sewed them together, and filled them with beans to make a draft dodger for our kitchen door.  I used the remaining sweater body to make a throw pillow.  The stuffing came from an old bed pillow.

The draft dodger turned out okay.  I don't really care for the seam down the middle.  I'll have to think about a way to make it prettier next time.  The pillow is great.   It's so comfy, just like an old sweater.  Makes me wish I could take a nap.

1 comment:

  1. You just need to sew a strip of contrasting colored material around the middle or tie a cute bow around it. Totally hidden and cute. Loving the blog!

    ReplyDelete