Monday, January 17, 2011

How it Began

     The idea began forming itself the night that I burnt a bowl of green beans in the microwave.  I set the bowl in the sink and thought they looked strangely pretty.  So I grabbed my camera and took a few shots of the ruined side dish.  I loved how they looked.  Who would have thought something as useless as a bowl of charred green beans could turn into kitchen art?
     So this photograph, my already existing craigslist.com addiction, and my regular efforts to be green combined to become our family's challenge of living for one year without buying anything new.  Everything has to be previously owned, free, or homemade.  As needed, we will buy the necessary supplies to repair or recreate. Obviously, food and personal care items will also be new.
     Although this started for us at the beginning of the year, I'll officially start my 365 days tomorrow, January 18 2011. I'm looking forward to getting really creative this year and sharing our little adventure with all of you.

2 comments: